Cabernet Franc 70%, Merlot 10%, Cabernet Sauvignon 10%, Petit Verdot 10%
94 Points - Platters Guide
- The hand selected cultivars for this blend were destemmed without excessive crushing and all unwanted stalks removed on the sorting table. The whole berry component into the open stainless-steel fermenters was at 30%.
- After 12 hours of cold soaking each of the musts was inoculated with a commercial yeast strain best suited to the specific variety.
- Pump overs were given three to four times daily to extract colour, tannin and flavour. Each tank also received a single rack and return for further soft extraction.
- Fermentation for each of the cultivars ran at 24-28 degrees Celsius and lasted for 5- 7 days.
- Thereafter the wine was gently pressed and free run was consolidated with sufficient press fraction to enhance structure.
- The wine was gravity fed to 80% new, 10% second fill and 10% third fill 225 litre French oak barrels for secondary Malolactic fermentation.
- After 12 months of maturation the component cultivars were blended together and racked back to barrel for a further 6 months of integration.
- The specially selected barrels were lightly filtered prior to bottling.
Classic upfront cassis, mulberry and dark plum with notes of cigar box and liquorice. Firm, ripe tannin supports the rich midpalate and elegant pepper spice finish.